I know she looks kind of happy in this first picture, but she was really ticked off that I put these shoes on her! How dare I! It's my fault really because I have waited far too long to introduce her to shoes. I never saw the point before she started walking and even then, we are inside most of the time so she didn't need shoes. However, the weather is getting nicer now and it's time to start hitting the park for play dates instead of being indoors. So, we were going to play with cousins at the park and have a picnic and I put jeans and lace up tennis shoes on her. She was MISERABLE!!!! She wouldn't even walk. She crawled around and flung herself on the ground and cried and cried and screamed and screamed!!!! Finally Kevin couldn't stand it anymore and took them off of her... WIMP! I was prepared to leave those things on her feet until she dispensed with the drama and figured out she really could still walk! You'd think that they were big cement blocks strapped to her feet with the tantrum she threw! It went on for about 15 minutes and by the end she was so worn out from her big show, that she went into her bed for a nap (happily , I might add, she luvs her bed!) and Lauren and I went without her, which BTW was even better!!!! I do love her, but the next time I put those shoes on her feet (when the wimps at work...) I WILL leave them on till the bitter end!!!!
I will prevail!!!
UMI In North Carolina!
5 months ago
5 comments:
Weeeeee Hawwwww! Let the Shoe Rodeo begin. I'm sure you will prevail. Probably.
Is it bad that I laugh at my kids when they do stuff like that? :-)
I always laugh at my kids when they pull the shoe fits.! Try Pediped shoes..... my girls never wore shoes until they walked and the Pediped have soft soles hey where wonderful and lasted forver! Matt would have pulled a Kevin and taken them off too ....ha ha stay strong!
Don't you love how dads whimp out?!! I can't get over how big she is now... and adorable too!!!
LOL! Thats when I pull out all the stops, when dad's at work!!!
Post a Comment