Friday, September 21, 2007

The Last Weeks of September!


Can you believe it? Maybe the weather will start to feel more like fall? I hope all is going good with all of you and I just wanted to make a post to fill you in on what's going on here! I was asked to do an art class in Madison's class once a month called "Art Masterpiece". I reluctantly accepted as I don't have an artistic bone in my body--but then the teacher told me that they provide the lesson and project that goes along with it and all I would do is come in and teach it! So, I did my first class for her on Thursday and it was fun and nerve racking all at the same time. Who knew I could keep the attention of a room full of first graders for a whole hour????!!! Anyway, I am including the picture that I drew (of a horse) and taught the kids how to draw also using different shapes as guidelines. (KAITLIN---I am going to send this lesson to you in the package I am putting together so that you can try it. You are a great artist and this lesson I taught shows some tricks!!!!)


Anyway, all here is great. Kevin and I just bought a house in our same ward and will start to pack stuff up this month. Another move, YEAH!!! But it will be worth it. Madison is busy playing soccer and she is awesome on the field. She is such a smart first grader and loves school! She gets to be in her uncle's wedding (on her Dad's side) next week and is excited about that. Kaitlin and Daron are playing the piano now and taking lessons every week! They both say that school is going good and each have activities on Wednesday nights as well. Daron is a great cub scout! At their school this year they are doing kind of a junior high schedule for grades 4 through 6 I believe. So, they have extra teachers and commotion during the day than they are used to be seem to be liking it a lot! We will be seeing them in October some time. Lauren is hanging out with Mom and enjoying her one on one time. Still play dates are my saving grace!!! She loves to go and she loves her friends to come here also!


I hope you all have a great week and if there's anything you'd like to post on here for the family or friends, be my guest!


To Granny, Grumpy, Papa, Oma, Opa and all Aunts and Uncles who may be interested, Madison has soccer games every Saturday for anyone who would like to come and watch one! She would love it!


Also, we have the Jordyn and Taylor's birthday party coming up, so I will be emailing info on that to all of you personally!


Bye, for now,

Taya

3 comments:

kaitlin said...

hey guys,
how r y'all? i'm OK. in a few weeks my friend and I must sing for the primary program. song/ if I listen with my heart/(CRASH). in scool I entered math "tout"ering and reading club.
for now i'm reading a book called "BUD, NOT BUDDY." if you have not read it, read it. beacause as soon as you pick it up you will NOT want to put it down.
well thats all in MY life for this month.
Kaitlin

kaitlin said...

PLEASE BLOG
Because i'm here in Tx doese not mean that you can't tell me what is happening.You have no excuse.I'm the one sitting by a screaming boy (Eli)with a BAD head-ache! SEND BLOG

Taya said...

Thanks for finally looking at our family blog Kaitlin!!! You are hilarious! We love you and I am sad that I did not get to talk to you on the phone today. Did you like my horse?? Have a great week at school and piano and math and reading clubs! I miss you lots...like always!